What is SEO?
In simple terms, SEO means optimizing the search engine with the help of a few algorithms to make your page visible among the first few pages on any search engine. You might already know how important it is to be visible on the search engine. While you read the article you will surely be knowing many more advantages of why SEO is important for your website.
How does SEO work?
In simple words, SEO is using relevant keywords and phrases which the search engine recognizes. Any search engine performs three tasks before providing results to any search. The three tasks are namely CRAWL, INDEX and RANK.
Firstly the search engine crawls through the entire website and searches for relevant keywords and phrases and the number of occurrences of them. This process is known as CRAWLING. In the next step the search engine stores the content that it encountered during the crawling stage and this stage is known as INDEXING. In the final step, it ranks the websites based on the crawling process and the search results are displayed according to the ranks. This process is known as RANKING.
When all this is done where your website stands decides the amount of traffic and the number of customers you gain. SEO is important for both small businesses and large businesses. It is specifically more important for small businesses to increase their brand credibility and recognition. Small business SEO also improves traffic and customer recognition.
Why SEO is important?
SEO is the second most important factor for your business after good content/services. There is a famous joke that says, “If you want to hide something, hide it on the second page of Google.” This one sentence is in itself a complete proof of why SEO is important for any online website. It has been repeatedly mentioned by many business developers about the positive impacts of SEO on their businesses. If you are still not convinced then read on to find out some of the major reasons to use SEO.
Benefits of Search Engine Optimization:
1. Improves the visibility: As obvious as it is one important result of applying SEO to your website/blog is that it improves visibility. Nobody ever browses through the subservient pages of the internet so it is not just an added advantage but, in fact, a necessity for any page to be available on the initial page of any search engine. Every time you google something you only browse through the first page only once a blue moon you click on the next page. You cannot risk being on the second or third pages of any search engine.
2. Increases traffic: When you increase the visibility of your page, then the traffic on the page is bound to be increased. We always tend to click on the first few results of our search. So when your website appears on the top people are bound to give it a look. This does not happen if your page isn’t in the top results. Many statistics prove that the implementation of SEO has enormously increased the traffic on their sites. It helps you to reach out to larger groups of people.
3. Relatively cheap: When compared to any other business improvement strategies SEO can be credited as one among the cheapest. It is a riskless investment with guaranteed returns. SEO is nothing complex it can be achieved by the simple use of keywords and a little technical knowledge. This won’t cost you much. Less investment and high return is always advisable, isn’t it?
4. One-time investment: Unlike any other business strategies which require you to invest regularly SEO is a one-time investment. It does not require much maintenance and can be your best bet. With guaranteed returns, SEO assures improved reach of your websites which ultimately enhances the number of customers.
5. Increased reliability: Most of the people in today’s world turn towards Google for their questions to be answered. So If your page is frequently visible in the list of the top few pages when searched then the user subconsciously starts recognizing and trusting your page. This builds a relationship of trust between you and the users.
6. Brand building: When people see your website quite often on the search engine they start recognizing the logos and colors and associate them with a positive impression. It also brings improved brand awareness and keeps the users in touch with your website. Trust and brand recognition can go a long way. These small facts can have a lot of impact on customers.
7. Simple: As you know SEO does not require any brainstorming to build complex strategies to work. It is simple and can be understood easily with just a little basic knowledge. Little efforts and more gains. When compared to all other business development strategies SEO is the easiest way to boost your visibility and your profits.
8. Improved user experience: Using SEO to design your website not only improves it’s reach and visibility but also provides a good user experience. Your customers wouldn’t want to make efforts and go to the bottom of the search engine to find your page. In this case, SEO is helpful because it results in your page in the first few websites. Happy customers are the ultimate goal of any website. So improved user experience is a boon to any website.
9. Long term strategy: Remember I told you search engine optimization is a one-time time investment. I forgot to mention it is a long term one-time investment with guaranteed returns. SEO keeps you updated with the latest changes and trends. See how tempting and convincing the advantages of SEO are. Hard to resist, isn’t it?
There are so many advantages of using SEO that the importance of SEO cannot be summed up in one single article. But still In case, just in case you are not convinced by the importance of search engine optimization opt for your business, let me furnish you with some latest statistics.
● 82% report the effectiveness of SEO is on the rise and 42% state effectiveness is increasing significantly
● 61% of marketers say improving SEO and growing their organic presence is their top inbound marketing priority. (Hubspot, 2018)
● 57% of B2B marketers say that SEO generates more leads than any of their other marketing initiatives. (Junto, 2017)
● 75% of internet users never scroll past the first page of search engines. (Junto, 2017)
● 63% of marketers rank generating traffic as their top challenge. (HubSpot, 2017)
● 61% of marketers list improving SEO and search engine rankings as their top goal. (HubSpot, 2017)
● 53% of marketers prioritize blog content creation as their top initiative. (HubSpot, 2017)
All the above statistics are taken from trustworthy sources and prove that search engine optimization is a mandatory business improvement technique in the modern era. SEO has only positive responses with zero negative effects. The facts and the reasons mentioned above prove how SEO is beneficial to your business and can increase the trend in your sales with minimal effort. It will be your safest bet and the best investment. For more information about what does a digital marketing do check out our blog.
Share this Article
Best Digital Marketing Agency In Delhi | Content Writing Services In Delhi | Web Development Company In Delhi | Web Designing Company | Best SEO Company | SEM Services | Social Media Marketing Agency | Pay Per Click Services | Social Media Optimization Services | Digital Marketing Company | Digital Marketing Websites | E-commerce Website Designing | Custom Website Designing | Application Development Company | Cyber Security Services | Security Analysis | Malware Removal | Video Marketing
© 2019 D2DWebsitesMarketing™ | All Rights Reserved.