Content Writing comes easy to a few people, whereas others struggle with writing even one sentence. Content Writing is an art that is to be practised and mastered. However, merely penning down words is not enough. If you want to remain your reader engaged, you to need to write Creative content.
Writing becomes monotonous and boring if not given a proper creative touch to it. Readers may lose interest and abandon the reading. Losing readers is one of the worst nightmares of any writer. So, read this blog if you want to know the tips that how to write creatively and keep your readers hooked.
Creative Content Writing Tips For Beginners
1. Content planner: The basic and the most important aspect of writing any article is planning. You need to have a clear idea of what you are going to write and how you are going to structure your article. Without proper planning, the whole writing will be a mess, and it is bound to cause irritability to the reader.
2. Know your audience: With the modern era evolving, people are too busy to waste their time on random things. So before you write something, you need to know who are the people reading your write-ups. You need to keep in mind your audience and their expectations while writing.
3. Content strategy: Content strategy is similar to content planning. You need to figure out the strategy you use to create content and write it. The development and management of the
5. Search engine optimization (SEO): Even brilliantly written articles will not be read by many people if you are unaware of SEO. It plays a very critical role in making your content visible to the appropriate audience. SEO can easily be achieved by using proper keywords. It is an essential tool used in creative content writing and content marketing.
6. Social media marketing: With exponentially increasing trends of social media to give importance to your creative content. It has to be marketed on all or at least a few social media platforms. SMM plays a crucial role in improving the reach of the content. Digital content strategy has to be planned and carried out accordingly to get the desired response from the audience.
7. Proper research: Before you write about a particular topic, you need to know the complete background about it. Even before you decide the title, you will have to do the groundwork and read various existing articles on similar topics to get a good idea about how and what to write.
8. Quality check: One thing you can never and should never compromise on is the quality of your content. Bad quality content may boom initially, but in the long run, it will for sure decrease in value. The readers will never return and will not like to read what you write.
9. Consistency: One article today and the other one the next week and the other the next month won’t work. If you want your public to be engaged in reading the write-ups, you need to write regularly. Maintain a calendar where you note the days you write your content and the days you edit your content. Consistency increases the trust and reliability of the readers. They get used to reading your articles and will eventually look forward to the next one. Whereas when you are not consistent, they tend to forget about it, and it becomes a challenge to garner a proper audience each time you write an article.
10. Smooth transitions: The transitions between paragraphs or phases of an article should never be abrupt. They should smooth like butter. Only then will the readers have ease of reading, and flow is developed in the article. Also, there must be a logical flow throughout the article. Which makes it better to present and understand by the ordinary audience.
11. Using metaphors and analogies: Without examples, metaphors, and analogies, a script becomes exhaustively boring and monotonous. You need to bring proper comparison wherever you can to maintain the enthusiasm in the readers. Creative writing is all about expressing your opinions and emotions. So you must make it as relatable to the audience as possible to make them understand the essence of the article.
12. Using pictures:” All work and no play makes John a dull boy” is an English proverb. Rightly said, if all you can see on a page are words, it will become boring to the reader. Make sure you insert a few relatable images, gifs and interesting infographics. And you give your text a proper design. Work in the creative aspects of the page, like the background color and images. Also, do not forget to provide your content with a good title necessarily.
13. Explicit content: what you write must always be on point and crystal clear. There is no beating around the hedge while you are making creative content. If the articles are too long and too exhausting, the readers will not even try to complete it. They abandon it, and it creates a sense of negative impact among the readers.
14. Proper grammar and punctuation: not that all of us are English scholars or something. But the basic grammar and punctuation should always be kept in mind. Without them, the whole article will lose its beauty and become extremely ugly. And spelling mistakes are the biggest red signs.
15. Editing: The second most important thing after content in any article is editing. We, humans, bear to make a lot of mistakes even while being very, very cautious. So write down the article, let it stay there for a while, and after some time, go back to it with a very fresh outlook and see what mistakes you have done. Also, when you approach an article with a fresh mind and a new outlook, you can improve it. The things you have missed can be added, and this brings perfection to your writing. I suggest editing at least twice to be sure.
16. Originality: There is no point in writing anything if it is already available and written by somebody else. Never copy someone else’s content, and there is no other crime as claiming it to be yours. Plagiarism check is essential before you post anything like yours. There are various applications available to check plagiarism. Just be sure that your content is original and authentic before you post it.
These were the few more tips on creative content writing and making your content creation. However, there are many more aspects that can be considered to make your content more viable and attractive to the readers. But there are the basic things that cannot be compromised at any cost. So make sure your content satisfies the basic norms of good content. Happy writing.